Envision your own textbook, supplement, or a completely different text project. Dorset publishes a wide variety of academic resources by both experienced and first-time authors.
We endeavor in projects large and small. Our academic editors can work with an English department team to conceptualize and develop a text designed to teach an entire first-year writing course at a large state university. We also work with instructors who want to publish a small case study supplement or study guide to complement a hardcover text. And of course, there are innumerable possibilities in between.
Following are a few examples of what professors and instructors have published previously. Keep in mind however, that we always welcome manuscript proposals that forge new paths to learning.
- An original work
- Text supplement
- A combination of your original work and previously published materials
- Collection of articles or cases
- Case studies
- Collection of practical scenarios to illustrate academic theories
- Study Guides
- Lecture notes or slides - either developed into a text or published as a supplement
- Lab manual
- Collection of chapters from previously published textbooks